Gidani 's Social Investment Programme is the company's social development vehicle supporting our commitment to empowerment, sustainable socio-economic growth and our desire to contribute to the transformation of our people and widen choices available to them. This will be effected through the implementation of various value adding community projects and programmes.
Our objectives are pragmatic, distinct and unambiguous and we have no illusion of going solo in the execution of our development programmes for women, rural people, people with disabilities and the youth (18-30). We would like to broaden our reach sectorally and geographically and the company intends to build strategic partnerships with various stakeholders to address some of the pressing social challenges facing our country, which will be identified from time to time.
- Sustainable empowerment.
- People centred.
- Outcomes based.
- Socio-economic returns.
Area of focus
- Employment creation.
- Poverty alleviation.
- Women’s development.
- Skills Development.
- Youth Development (18-30).
- HIV / AIDS.
- Women in technology, rural women, women entrepreneurs.
- Youth (18-30).
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- Community based organisations (CBOs).
Gidani will enter into a partnership with the above-mentioned
entities if they meet the following criteria:
- The project is legally constituted.
- The project is viable and has potential for sustainable
- Submission of * project financial statements.
- Submission of project proposal and the completion of
an application form.
- Site visit will be conducted by Gidani.
(*In the event the projects do not have accounting
capability Gidani will provide such capability through
its Employee Volunteer Programme (EVP))
Responsible play programme
- Discourage compulsive behavior, underage players through
responsible play programme campaigns.
- Employee volunteer programme (EVP).
- Active involvement of Gidani staff in the company’s
social responsibility programmes.